Omegon 72mm APO with iOptron CEM26
This telescope combines an Omegon Pro 72/400 APO quintuplet OTA with an iOptron CEM26 mount. This small, five-lens APO refractor is perfectly suited to wide-angle astrophotos. The suitable iOptron mount is compact yet strong and also provides scope for larger instruments.
Why these optics reveal more details
No more images without contrast. This apochromat shows what is really possible: pure-colour and high-contrast observations and astrophotos. The key is a sophisticated optical design with premium ED glass for a crystal-clear image. Compared to most mirror systems, the better-defined optics allow you to see more and finer details when observing the planets, for example. All surfaces of the lens elements are treated with an effective multi-coating to prevent reflections. Enjoy memorable observations and shots.
The highlights at a glance:
- 72mm quintuplet ED Apo with five lenses, two of which are made of ED glass for an even more brilliant image
- A two-lens integrated corrector ensures a flat and illuminated field, also suitable for full-frame cameras with an image circle of up to 44mm
- 3" focuser with a 1:10 reduction ratio: Easily focus larger and heavier cameras with high precision
- 140mm back focus
- Camera rotates 360° so you can find the right orientation
Large focuser with gearing and ball bearings
Full-frame enthusiasts need space: That is precisely what the geared focuser offers. It beautifully complements the premium optics and produces great illumination and images without shading. Hybrid Crayford and gear technology combines perfectly smooth focusing with high load-bearing capacity. A 1:10 reduction gearing makes precise focusing a breeze. Astrophotographers around the world value precisely these features.
Like its predecessor model CEM25P, the new CEM26 is designed for ease of use and portability.
iOptron's latest mount can carry up to 12kg of payload with a remarkably high weight to payload ratio of 2:6.
The key to this optimised ratio is the centre-balance equatorial mounts (CEM) design developed by iOptron, which directs the mount and payload weight directly to the centre of the tripod, resulting in a natural centre of gravity.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models, additional features have been added to the new CEM26 to maximise convenience and functionality.
It now has an integrated WiFi system and recordable periodic error correction (PEC).
In terms of functionality, the CEM26 delivers precise pointing and highly accurate tracking of objects.
The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact, medium-sized GoTo equatorial mounts.
The centre-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the centre of gravity allowing for greater natural stability.
This is another major advantage in astrophotography!
Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod when used very close to the horizon.
Polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time now since the integrated polarscope is not obstructed by the declination shaft any longer (this was the case with the CEM25, for example).
The CEM26 has again been equipped with the latest Go2Nova� technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GoTo mounts currently available on the market!
The GoTo software database includes over 212,000 objects. The Go2Nova� hand controller is intuitive to use and its large four-line LCD display makes it incredibly easy to find objects, even in complete darkness.
The CEM26 comes with the tried and tested stainless steel LiteRoc tripod and a sturdy aluminium carrying case.
An optical polarscope (iOptron AccuAlign) is also included in the scope of delivery.
All highlights at a glance:
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< �10 arc seconds)
- Payload capacity of up to 12kg with a mount-only weight of 4.5kg
- CNC-milled and cast metal mount
- Large, easy-to-operate gear knobs
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0� latitude operation
- Stepper motors with low power consumption
- iOptron AccuAlign optical polarscope
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum transport weight
- 'Easy Polar Alignment' procedure for those who cannot see the Polar Star
- Go2Nova� hand controller with the latest GoTo technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Integrated WiFi
- USB port for firmware updates and control via PC/laptop/tablet
- LiteRoc stainless steel tripod with vibration pads (7.5kg tripod weight)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with practical accessory tray
- Carrying case with moulded foam lining
- Optional upgradable 32-channel GPS
- Optional iGuider autoguiding system