You can either crouch on the ground, or make locating the pole much more comfortable.
Having to kneel on the ground to look through the polar finder in a cramped position is always irritating - no question. North aligning the mount is an unpleasant job, even for younger people - and all because the polar finder is straight and pointing down at a steep angle. The Omegon 90° angled view polar finder attachment makes the job much simpler, and guarantees no back pain.
The advantages in a nutshell
- easier to adjust the polar finder - you look into it at a 90° angle
- never have to kneel on the ground again to carry out polar adjustment
- image orientation remains undisturbed
- adjustable focus
- 1X and 2X zoom factor for an overview and a more detailed image
- simply place the metal angled finder - with its Amici prism and coated optical surfaces - over the polar finder and fix it in position.
- You will know this as a general rule - if you are observing in a comfortable posture, you are also able to observe objects better and you simply see more. It is a similar story with a polar finder - the attachment will give you more time for adjusting the alignment and you will benefit from a more precise north alignment of your mount.
- 360 degrees rotatable
- Even if you look into the polar finder a little to the right or to the left of the mount - the angled finder can be rotated as you wish.
- Focusable - always achieve a sharp image
- A sharp view of the Pole Star and reticule - that's one prerequisite offered by the angled finder. The built in optics are as simple to adjust for your visual acuity as with a normal focuser. This is also a real plus for spectacle wearers.
- Rubber eyecup for a better view
- The funnel-shaped eyecup gives you a high-contrast view without any light intruding from the outside. It is also practical - it can be easily folded.
- Zoom levels - 1X and 2X
- The normal 1X view the angled finder provides is a generous overview. But sometimes the central part of the image in the polar finder needs to be seen better - simply increase the magnification to 2X and you'll see a large image of what is really important.
- Will this angled finder fit on my mount?
- With its 30mm inner diameter the Omegon angled finder will fit onto the polar finder of most common mounts. This is simply achieved, with no screwing on necessary - just put it on, tighten the knurled screws and you are ready to go.
- A selection of matching mounts
- Skywatcher: EQ5, AZ-EQ5, HEQ5, EQ6, AZ-EQ6, Adventurer, Adventurer mini
- Orion: Atlas Pro, Atlas EQ-G
- Celestron: AVX, CGEM
- Lacerta: Polarie polar finder
- Please Note: It is not suitable for the iOptron polar finder!
North align your mount easier and more comfortably with the Omegon Angled Finder than was ever possible in the past.