The 80/400 OTA - for the heavens and the Earth
Whether for astronomy or terrestrial observing - the Omegon 80/400 OTA allows both. This kind of telescope has become known as a 'rich-field' telescope or 'comet finder'. The field of view is so large that it allows you to observe a huge swathe of the night sky. Comet discoverers value telescopes with a short focal length. You can go on your own 'spacewalk' - naturally the telescope also provides a great view of the famous Andromeda galaxy and many open clusters.
Are you an avid nature-watcher too? Then you can use the telescope for observing deer at the edge of a forest, chamois on steep rocky slopes in the mountains or distant ships at sea. And, when it gets dark again, you can once again immerse yourself in the universe.
The advantages in a nutshell
- compact - 80mm f5 refractor
- rack-and-pinion focuser - for all 1.25" eyepieces
- clear viewing - multi-coated to prevent reflections
- holder for Vixen, Celestron, Skywatcher and Omegon finder scopes
- for many years of enjoyment - robust aluminium OTA