More about the series Set...
Eyepieces for beginners - eyepieces and accessories for higher magnifications
The range of accessories provided with most new beginner's telescopes is inadequate. But the Omegon Starter Kit for Beginners provides you with everything you need to enjoy observing the planets and lunar craters.
The advantages in a nutshell
- useful 1.25 inch accessories for every standard entry-level telescope
- this set expands the range of magnifications and lets you discover more details
- get started in planetary observing - increase the contrast with Mars' polar caps or Jupiter's bands
- lunar filter - reduce the brightness of the Moon
- 2X Barlow lens - double the magnification of all your eyepieces
Observe the planets in more detail
The 15mm and 6mm eyepieces make a good addition to your existing eyepieces. Often only low magnifications are possible with beginners' telescopes as the right equipment is not provided. But the eyepieces from this set let you also use medium to higher magnifications.
Examples of which magnifications you can reach with this set
- telescope with 750mm focal length: 50X, 125X
- telescope with 1000mm focal length: 66X, 166X
- telescope with 1200mm focal length: 80X, 200X
- telescope with 1400mm focal length: 93X, 233X
Barlow lens for eyepieces and astrophotography
A Barlow lens lets you increase the magnification of any eyepiece you are using. Just place it between the telescope and your eyepiece. You will see objects appear twice as large as before. The T-thread provided allows a T-2 ring for a camera to be attached. How about taking a great Moon photo? Getting good results are easier than you might think.
Filters for the Moon and planets
The three 1.25 inch filters allow you to reduce the brightness of the Moon and to discover more details on the planets.
Included in delivery
- 1x 15mm Kellner eyepiece
- 1x 6mm Poessl eyepiece
- 1x 2X magnification Barlow lens
- 1x lunar filter, green
- 1x colour filter, red
- 1x colour filter, blue
- 1x storage box with foam lining