Omegon 85/560 ED CEM26 LiteRoc triplet Apo
A super sharp lens on a mobile mount: The finely tuned set consisting of the Omegon 85mm Triplet Apo and the iOptron CEM26 is a combination for successful astrophotography and journeys into space. Compact, sturdy and quickly assembled, this telescope can accompany you on every excursion, be it to Chile or the next star party. Capture the objects where they can best be seen.
Portable sky cruiser: The brilliant 85mm apo with deluxe optics
Finally brilliant and sharp astrophotos: every astrophotographer’s dream comes true with this apochromat. The triplet air-gap objective lens with Japanese Ohara glass offers a clear image with sharp stars right up to the edge. You will enjoy ultra-sharp contrast even at high levels of magnification. With this master photographer in your toolkit, it'll be ready for action for every astrophotography assignment.
The highlights at a glance:
- FPL-53 triplet lens: better contrast brings more sharpness and brilliance to your observation
- You can look forward to images that are true to colour with outstanding contrast
- 2” hybrid Crayford focuser with diagonal rack and pinion and 1:10 microfocus
- 2"/1.25” reducer with filter thread
- Aluminium carrying case
The lens: producing highest quality images
When you observe planets with this apochromat, it offers you nothing less than an absolutely awe-inspiring experience. Compared to most mirror systems you will discover more details with better contrast - planets will simply appear sharper. Of course that which applies to planets, applies also to star clusters or other deep sky objects.
The reason for this is one of the best optical systems that we are aware of, with which this refractor creates captivatingly beautiful and exclusive astrophotos.
The apo’s image definition is significantly better than that of reflectors because it lacks the central obstruction with its associated deterioration in the intensity distribution of the Airy disk.
The refractor is an unbeatable instrument, especially in low contrast conditions.
2” hybrid Crayford focuser with 1:10 microfocus
The 2” focuser is the right connection for your camera. The design is ingenious: a hybrid of a Crayford and a diagonal rack and pinion. This means: an entire 6kg load-bearing capacity but nonetheless smooth focusing, thanks to roller bearings it is simple to rotate to find the perfect point of focus. The focuser has a back focus of 175 mm and an adjustment range of 95 mm.
Dual speed 1:10 microfocus
Focusing on an object happens in two different ways: with the coarse adjustment knob and the 1:10 microfocus. With this fine adjustment knob the object can be brought considerably more accurately into focus. Every astrophotographer will recognise the problem: just as you think you’ve got the focus right you overshoot the target.
The microfocus is mechanically so precisely manufactured that it reacts to the slightest adjustment, enabling you to focus easily.
2” and 1.25” connection
The focuser has the usual 2” connection with a 1.25” reducer. With this you can connect any accessory from our range, such as eyepieces and adapters.
CNC tube for one of the best lenses
The tube of the Omega apo consists of a CNC-manufactured metal construction with a sophisticated anti-reflective system. The entire tube is lined with a black velvet-like fabric.
Travel telescope for astronomy trips
A journey to Namibia or an astro field trip in the mountains: observers love to go to unique and dark locations. This compact apo is the perfect piece of travel equipment for astrophotographers who expect the best from their optics.
At just 44cm long, the apochromat can accompany you to all dark places.
Further technical specifications
- Tube length (retracted): 440mm
- Tube length with extended dew cap: 515mm
- Dew cap length: 134mm
- Tube external diameter: 110mm
- Focuser adjustment range: 95mm
- Tube weight: 4.2kg
- CNC tube clamps
Like its predecessor model CEM25P, the new CEM26 is designed for ease of use and portability.
iOptron's latest mount can carry up to 12kg of payload with a remarkably high weight to payload ratio of 2:6.
The key to this optimised ratio is the centre-balance equatorial mounts (CEM) design developed by iOptron, which directs the mount and payload weight directly to the centre of the tripod, resulting in a natural centre of gravity.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models, additional features have been added to the new CEM26 to maximise convenience and functionality.
It now has an integrated WiFi system and recordable periodic error correction (PEC).
In terms of functionality, the CEM26 delivers precise pointing and highly accurate tracking of objects.
The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact, medium-sized GoTo equatorial mounts.
The centre-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the centre of gravity allowing for greater natural stability.
This is another major advantage in astrophotography!
Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod when used very close to the horizon.
Polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time now since the integrated polarscope is not obstructed by the declination shaft any longer (this was the case with the CEM25, for example).
The CEM26 has again been equipped with the latest Go2Nova� technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GoTo mounts currently available on the market!
The GoTo software database includes over 212,000 objects. The Go2Nova� hand controller is intuitive to use and its large four-line LCD display makes it incredibly easy to find objects, even in complete darkness.
The CEM26 comes with the tried and tested stainless steel LiteRoc tripod and a sturdy aluminium carrying case.
An optical polarscope (iOptron AccuAlign) is also included in the scope of delivery.
All highlights at a glance:
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< �10 arc seconds)
- Payload capacity of up to 12kg with a mount-only weight of 4.5kg
- CNC-milled and cast metal mount
- Large, easy-to-operate gear knobs
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0� latitude operation
- Stepper motors with low power consumption
- iOptron AccuAlign optical polarscope
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum transport weight
- 'Easy Polar Alignment' procedure for those who cannot see the Polar Star
- Go2Nova� hand controller with the latest GoTo technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Integrated WiFi
- USB port for firmware updates and control via PC/laptop/tablet
- LiteRoc stainless steel tripod with vibration pads (7.5kg tripod weight)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with practical accessory tray
- Carrying case with moulded foam lining
- Optional upgradable 32-channel GPS
- Optional iGuider autoguiding system