Omegon 150/420 astrograph and iOptron CEM40
Turbocharge your high resolution astrophotos: An ultra-fast astrograph and the iOptron CEM40 mount.
Using these fast optics with an aperture ratio of just f/2.8, you can photograph objects with exceptionally short exposure times. This makes amazing, highly detailed images possible. And astrophoto projects, which previously required you to take photographs and exposures night after night, can be finished in one night!
Omegon Astrograph with 150mm aperture at f/2.8
This Newtonian is perfectly adapted to the modern requirements of digital astrophotography. In contrast to common Newtonian telescopes with a coma corrector, this telescope has a hyperbolic primary mirror and a specially-designed corrector in the focuser. Using a compact design and a moderate secondary mirror with a diameter of 70mm, it achieves a corrected image circle of 44mm. The imaging performance is so good that even modern astro cameras with very high resolution can be used.
The highlights at a glance:
- Optics optimised for astrophotography with high resolution over the entire usable field of view.
- A carbon tube for significantly improved focal stability compared to a metal tube.
- The secondary mirror is fitted with the necessary offset for a more uniform illumination of the field of view.
- Microfocusing is integrated, a necessity given the extreme f/2.8 aperture ratio.
- High-quality CNC Vixen tube clamps and a Losmandy prism rail are included in the scope of delivery
- Carrying handle with mounting surface for an accessory shoe
- Simple camera adapter using the focuser's M48x0.75 connection thread. Working distance of 55mm.
The mount head weighs only 8.2 kg, yet can support a payload of up to 18 kg. This extremly good payload to weight ratio of 2.5 makes the CEM40 versatile. You can carry it to your favoriert place under a dark sky or at your backyard observatory with a relatively small pier.
But there are more advantages:
- An integrated electronic polar finder scope (iPolar) ensures accurate alignment even at times when the pole star is obscured.
- Large levers on its quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its gears into place even when wearing gloves.
- There's little chance of your cables getting snagged with the CEM40's internal cable management system.
- The mount comes with the new Universal Self-Centering Saddle for Losmandy and Vixen style dovetails.
- The CNC body looks sharp but is really robust.
The GoTo-Technology features a Go2Nova 8407+ controller with integrated heater for its large display, a 212,000 object library, integrated 32-channel-GPS and ST-4 auto guiding port.
Another great feature besides the center-balance is the ultra-quiet low power consumption stepper motor drive systems. Both models of the CEM40 are precise trackers, the CEM40-EC version delivering <0.25 arcsecond accuracy with its high-resolution encoder and its real time periodic error correction (RPEC).
The CEM40 is a extremly versatile and advanced mount.