Omegon Astrograph with 150mm aperture at f/2.8
This Newtonian is perfectly adapted to the modern requirements of digital astrophotography. In contrast to common Newtonian telescopes with a coma corrector, this telescope has a hyperbolic primary mirror and a specially-designed corrector in the focuser. Using a compact design and a moderate secondary mirror with a diameter of 70mm, it achieves a corrected image circle of 44mm. The imaging performance is so good that even modern astro cameras with very high resolution can be used.
The highlights at a glance:
- Optics optimised for astrophotography with high resolution over the entire usable field of view.
- A carbon tube for significantly improved focal stability compared to a metal tube.
- The secondary mirror is fitted with the necessary offset for a more uniform illumination of the field of view.
- Microfocusing is integrated, a necessity given the extreme f/2.8 aperture ratio.
- High-quality CNC Vixen tube clamps and a Losmandy prism rail are included in the scope of delivery
- Carrying handle with mounting surface for an accessory shoe
- Simple camera adapter using the focuser's M48x0.75 connection thread. Working distance of 55mm.
The mount head weighs only 8.2 kg, yet can support a payload of up to 18 kg. This extremly good payload to weight ratio of 2.5 makes the CEM40 versatile. You can carry it to your favoriert place under a dark sky or at your backyard observatory with a relatively small pier.
But there are more advantages:
- An integrated electronic polar finder scope (iPolar) ensures accurate alignment even at times when the pole star is obscured.
- Large levers on its quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its gears into place even when wearing gloves.
- There's little chance of your cables getting snagged with the CEM40's internal cable management system.
- The mount comes with the new Universal Self-Centering Saddle for Losmandy and Vixen style dovetails.
- The CNC body looks sharp but is really robust.
The GoTo-Technology features a Go2Nova 8407+ controller with integrated heater for its large display, a 212,000 object library, integrated 32-channel-GPS and ST-4 auto guiding port.
Another great feature besides the center-balance is the ultra-quiet low power consumption stepper motor drive systems. Both models of the CEM40 are precise trackers, the CEM40-EC version delivering <0.25 arcsecond accuracy with its high-resolution encoder and its real time periodic error correction (RPEC).
The CEM40 is a extremly versatile and advanced mount.