Omegon 150/420 astrograph with iOptron CEM26 mount
Turbocharge your high resolution astrophotos: An ultra-fast astrograph and the easily transportable iOptron CEM26 mount.
Using these fast optics with an aperture ratio of just f/2.8, you can photograph objects with exceptionally short exposure times. This makes amazing, highly detailed images possible. And astrophoto projects, which previously required you to take photographs and exposures night after night, can be finished in one night!
Omegon Astrograph with 150mm aperture at f/2.8
This Newtonian is perfectly adapted to the modern requirements of digital astrophotography. In contrast to common Newtonian telescopes with a coma corrector, this telescope has a hyperbolic primary mirror and a specially-designed corrector in the focuser. Using a compact design and a moderate secondary mirror with a diameter of 70mm, it achieves a corrected image circle of 44mm. The imaging performance is so good that even modern astro cameras with very high resolution can be used.
The highlights at a glance:
- Optics optimised for astrophotography with high resolution over the entire usable field of view.
- A carbon tube for significantly improved focal stability compared to a metal tube.
- The secondary mirror is fitted with the necessary offset for a more uniform illumination of the field of view.
- Microfocusing is integrated, a necessity given the extreme f/2.8 aperture ratio.
- High-quality CNC Vixen tube clamps and a Losmandy prism rail are included in the scope of delivery
- Carrying handle with mounting surface for an accessory shoe
- Simple camera adapter using the focuser's M48x0.75 connection thread. Working distance of 55mm.
Like its predecessor model CEM25P, the new CEM26 is designed for ease of use and portability.
iOptron's latest mount can carry up to 12kg of payload with a remarkably high weight to payload ratio of 2:6.
The key to this optimised ratio is the centre-balance equatorial mounts (CEM) design developed by iOptron, which directs the mount and payload weight directly to the centre of the tripod, resulting in a natural centre of gravity.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models, additional features have been added to the new CEM26 to maximise convenience and functionality.
It now has an integrated WiFi system and recordable periodic error correction (PEC).
In terms of functionality, the CEM26 delivers precise pointing and highly-accurate tracking of objects.
The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact, medium-sized GoTo equatorial mounts.
The centre-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the centre of gravity allowing for greater natural stability.
This is another major advantage in astrophotography!
Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod when used very close to the horizon.
Polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time now since the integrated polarscope is not obstructed by the declination shaft any longer (this was the case with the CEM25, for example).
The CEM26 has again been equipped with the latest Go2Nova® technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GoTo mounts currently available on the market!
The GoTo software database includes over 212,000 objects. The Go2Nova® hand controller is intuitive to use and its large four-line LCD display makes it incredibly easy to find objects, even in complete darkness.
The mount is equipped with an integrated iPolar® electronic polarscope. The iPolar® finder ensures accurate alignment of the system with Polaris, even when it is obscured - a lifesaver for any amateur astronomer.
The CEM26 comes with the tried and tested stainless steel LiteRoc tripod and a sturdy aluminium carrying case.
All highlights at a glance:
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< ± 10 arc seconds)
- Payload capacity of up to 12kg with a mount-only weight of 4.5kg
- CNC-milled and cast metal mount
- Large, easy-to-operate gear knobs
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0° latitude operation
- Stepper motors with low power consumption
- Integrated iPolar polarscope
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum transport weight
- 'Easy Polar Alignment' procedure for those who cannot see the Polar Star
- Go2Nova® hand controller with the latest GoTo technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Integrated WiFi
- USB port for firmware updates and control via PC/laptop/tablet
- LiteRoc stainless steel tripod with vibration pads (7.5kg tripod weight)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with practical accessory tray
- Carrying case with moulded foam lining
- Optional upgradable 32-channel GPS
- Optional iGuider autoguiding system