It's almost impossible to get more compact than a 12" astrograph on an iOPtron CEM60 GoTo mount. Although the mount looks a bit unusual, it has a huge advantage - high stability and less vibration with heavy telescopes. So your astrograph sits rock-steady on the mount - making good astronomy photos almost a breeze.
Omegon f/4 astrograph - for unforgettable astronomy photos
Which other type of telescope can be used to create a beautiful image with so little effort? With Omegon astrographs this is easier than with 'ordinary' telescopes. Why? The answer is obvious - because an aperture ratio of f/4 means a big light output and consequently shorter exposure times. Immerse yourself in the world of deep sky photography. Admire faint galaxies or details in hydrogen nebulae. The Omegon astrograph sets a new benchmark for your astronomy photos.
The advantages in a nutshell
- f/4 astrograph - a telescope with ultra-fast aperture ratio for short exposures
- suitable to go on medium mountings due to its short overall length
- wide field of view for extended objects - approx. 24mm is illuminated
- 94% reflection parabolic main mirror for bright images
- large secondary mirror - good illumination for DSLR cameras
- robust 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 reduction and 1.25" reducer
- faster cool-down for getting started observing quicker - main mirror fan
94% reflection f/4 main mirror
Astrographs are suitable for visual observing, but only show their full potential when used for astrophotography. Their f/4 aperture means they are among the 'fastest' Newtonian telescopes around, allowing you to take shorter exposure images.
The secondary mirror and the parabolic BK7 main mirror are 94% reflective, providing brighter and higher contrast images. One can see a visible improvement when compared to a 'normal' mirror which is around 88% reflective.
No shadows, only light - large secondary mirror
Attach your DSLR camera or a modern CCD camera to the telescope and enjoy impressive illumination over a wide field of view. No shadowing is noticeable thanks to the particularly large secondary mirror (see also below). Observing with 2" wide-field eyepieces is now perfect.
Less mistakes - more fun with the photography
The particularly short OTA length and focal length means the telescope is compact - the astrograph is about 20% shorter as compared to an f/5 system. This means you can also use this OTA's excellent optics on a medium mount, saving yourself the expense and clumsiness of a heavier mount.
Another advantage is that the astrograph is perfect for extended deep sky objects thanks to its shorter focal length. This system is also more tolerant of small tracking errors than a telescope with a longer focal length. You will achieve some astounding astrophotography with even just a little effort.
2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 fine focusing
The Omegon V-Power focuser provides precision focusing for all astronomical objects. The 1:10 reduction, sturdy ball-bearings and guide rail make the focuser stable and easy-to-use. Its optimized design means the focuser can safely carry cameras weighing up to 5 kilograms without any slipping.
- extremely precise operation - the ball bearings and stainless steel guide rail mean the focuser tube runs smoothly and precisely
- can carry heavy cameras and eyepieces - no slipping with up to 5kg loads
- 1:10 reduction means precise focusing, includes a focus scale
- anti-reflection baffles for high contrast
An extraordinary innovation in mount design...Now with a new payload!
This past year iOptron introduced a new design concept -- the center-balanced equatorial mount (or CEM) called the ZEQ25. Now, we're proud to introduce the CEM60! -- with an increased payload of 60 lbs! The CEM60 puts the weight of the payload at the center of gravity allowing for greater natural stability. This makes the mount extremely light compared to its payload--a nice benefit when setting up at a remote site. And polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time since the polar scope is not blocked by the declination shaft.
The CEM60 is equipped with the most advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GOTO mounts available. Its database includes over 300,000 objects. The other features include an adjustable counterweight bar, magnetically loaded gear system, gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes, screw/worm type latitude adjuster and built-in or customized cable management system. The CEM60 - a new category (and payload capacity) of mounts for viewing and astrophotography.
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Specialized astrophotography mount ideal for both visual and Astro-photographers
- Patent pending non-contact magnetically loaded gear system
- Payload of 60 lbs (27.2 kg) with the mount-only weight of 27 lbs (12.3 kg)
- Gear switches on both R.A. and DEC axes for easy balancing when disengaged
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0º latitude operation
- Screw/worm type latitude adjuster for precision adjustments
- Milling machine tooling vise type latitude bearing and locks system for rock solid positioning
- User side azimuth fine adjusters for easy azimuth adjustment
- Precision stepper motor with 0.06 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- iOptron AccuAligningTM calibrated polar scope with dark-field illumination and easy polar alignment procedure, allowing for fast and accurate polar alignment
- Polar alignment routine for those who can't see the Pole Star
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Built-in 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in or customized cable management system
- Spring loaded Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle
- 150mm base size to match optional 2 inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (8kg)
- Included aluminum hard carrying case