For exceptional photos. 94mm triplet apochromat with two ED lenses
The highlights at a glance:
- 94mm triplet ED Apo with two ED lenses with extremely good correction for a colour-pure image with good contrast
- Retractable dew cap for easy transport
- 3" focuser with a 1:10 reduction ratio: Easily focus larger and heavier cameras with high precision.
- Camera rotates 360° so you can find the right orientation
- Vixen-type finder shoe so you can easily mount any finderscope
Why these optics reveal more details
No more images without contrast. This apochromat shows what is really possible: pure-colour and high-contrast observations and astrophotos. The key is a sophisticated optical design with premium ED glass for a crystal-clear image. Compared to most mirror systems, the better-defined optics allow you to see more and finer details when observing the planets, for example. All surfaces of the lens elements are treated with an effective multi-coating to prevent reflections. Enjoy memorable observations and shots.
3" focuser with gearing and ball bearings
This 3" geared focuser is a small spatial miracle, yet large enough that no shading occurs. An ingenious hybrid technology comprising a Crayford focuser and a gear wheel makes it particularly strong and suitable for accessories weighing up to 6kg. The ball bearings provide for smooth focusing, allowing you to easily find the perfect focus. A 1:10 reduction gearing makes precise focusing a breeze. Astrophotographers around the world value precisely these features.
The focuser has a standard 2" connection with a reduction to 1.25". This allows you to connect all accessories from our range, such as eyepieces and adapters.
CNC tube designed for the best optics
The tube of the Omegon Apo consists of a CNC-machined metal construction with a sophisticated anti-reflective aperture system. The entire tube is lined with a velvet-like, black fabric.
Like its predecessor model CEM25P, the new CEM26 is designed for ease of use and portability.
iOptron's latest mount can carry up to 12kg of payload with a remarkably high weight to payload ratio of 2:6.
The key to this optimised ratio is the centre-balance equatorial mounts (CEM) design developed by iOptron, which directs the mount and payload weight directly to the centre of the tripod, resulting in a natural centre of gravity.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models, additional features have been added to the new CEM26 to maximise convenience and functionality.
It now has an integrated WiFi system and recordable periodic error correction (PEC).
Vibration dampers (see also item no. 58252) are included in the scope of delivery, and can be placed under the tips of the tripod legs to ensure vibration-free exposure times, especially during longer astrophotography sessions.
In terms of functionality, the CEM26 delivers precise pointing and highly accurate tracking of objects.
The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact, medium-sized GoTo equatorial mounts.
The centre-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the centre of gravity allowing for greater natural stability.
This is another major advantage in astrophotography!
Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod when used very close to the horizon.
Polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time now since the integrated polarscope is not obstructed by the declination shaft any longer (this was the case with the CEM25, for example).
The CEM26 has again been equipped with the latest Go2Nova� technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GoTo mounts currently available on the market!
The GoTo software database includes over 212,000 objects. The Go2Nova� hand controller is intuitive to use and its large four-line LCD display makes it incredibly easy to find objects, even in complete darkness.
The CEM26 comes with the tried and tested stainless steel LiteRoc tripod and a sturdy aluminium carrying case.
An optical polarscope (iOptron AccuAlign) is also included in the scope of delivery.
All highlights at a glance:
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< �10 arc seconds)
- Payload capacity of up to 12kg with a mount-only weight of 4.5kg
- CNC-milled and cast metal mount
- Large, easy-to-operate gear knobs
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0� latitude operation
- Stepper motors with low power consumption
- iOptron AccuAlign optical polarscope
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum transport weight
- 'Easy Polar Alignment' procedure for those who cannot see the Polar Star
- Go2Nova� hand controller with the latest GoTo technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Integrated WiFi
- USB port for firmware updates and control via PC/laptop/tablet
- LiteRoc stainless steel tripod with vibration pads (7.5kg tripod weight)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with practical accessory tray
- Carrying case with moulded foam lining
- Optional upgradable 32-channel GPS
- Optional iGuider autoguiding system