Omegon 200mm f/3.2 Newtonian Astrograph
The compact and portable Newtonian Astrograph has been developed for the dedicated astrophotographer who wants a powerful telescope with very good sharpness over a large field of view. The Astrograph has been developed for modern sensors with high resolution and large diameters up to full format.
The extremely fast aperture ratio of f/3.2 allows you to take very deep shots of deep-sky objects in just one night, while maintaining very high magnification. Images of extended nebula objects or galaxy clusters are thus possible.
The highlights at a glance:
- Parabolic primary mirror with a 200mm, f/3.2 aperture
- 3" corrector with 0.85 reduction built into the focuser
- 90mm diameter secondary mirror (minor axis) for full illumination up to full format
- Large 3" rack and pinion focuser with reduction and M48 adapter
- Tilting possibility at the focuser
- Adjustable and stable holder for primary mirror and secondary mirror
- Fully illuminated and corrected image field of 44mm diameter
- Working distance of 55mm from the M48x0.75 thread
The mount head weighs only 8.2 kg, yet can support a payload of up to 18 kg. This extremly good payload to weight ratio of 2.5 makes the CEM40 versatile. You can carry it to your favoriert place under a dark sky or at your backyard observatory with a relatively small pier.
But there are more advantages:
- An integrated electronic polar finder scope (iPolar) ensures accurate alignment even at times when the pole star is obscured.
- Large levers on its quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its gears into place even when wearing gloves.
- There's little chance of your cables getting snagged with the CEM40's internal cable management system.
- The mount comes with the new Universal Self-Centering Saddle for Losmandy and Vixen style dovetails.
- The CNC body looks sharp but is really robust.
The GoTo-Technology features a Go2Nova 8407+ controller with integrated heater for its large display, a 212,000 object library, integrated 32-channel-GPS and ST-4 auto guiding port.
Another great feature besides the center-balance is the ultra-quiet low power consumption stepper motor drive systems. Both models of the CEM40 are precise trackers, the CEM40-EC version delivering <0.25 arcsecond accuracy with its high-resolution encoder and its real time periodic error correction (RPEC).
The CEM40 is a extremly versatile and advanced mount.