Omegon 200mm f/3.2 Newtonian Astrograph
The compact and portable Newtonian Astrograph has been developed for the dedicated astrophotographer who wants a powerful telescope with very good sharpness over a large field of view. The Astrograph has been developed for modern sensors with high resolution and large diameters up to full format.
The extremely fast aperture ratio of f/3.2 allows you to take very deep shots of deep-sky objects in just one night, while maintaining very high magnification. Images of extended nebula objects or galaxy clusters are thus possible.
The highlights at a glance:
- Parabolic primary mirror with a 200mm, f/3.2 aperture
- 3" corrector with 0.85 reduction built into the focuser
- 90mm diameter secondary mirror (minor axis) for full illumination up to full format
- Large 3" rack and pinion focuser with reduction and M48 adapter
- Tilting possibility at the focuser
- Adjustable and stable holder for primary mirror and secondary mirror
- Fully illuminated and corrected image field of 44mm diameter
- Working distance of 55mm from the M48x0.75 thread
Like its predecessor model CEM25P, the new CEM26 is designed for ease of use and portability.
iOptron's latest mount can carry up to 12kg of payload with a remarkably high weight to payload ratio of 2:6.
The key to this optimised ratio is the centre-balance equatorial mounts (CEM) design developed by iOptron, which directs the mount and payload weight directly to the centre of the tripod, resulting in a natural centre of gravity.
Building on the legacy of earlier CEM models, additional features have been added to the new CEM26 to maximise convenience and functionality.
It now has an integrated WiFi system and recordable periodic error correction (PEC).
Vibration dampers (see also item no. 58252) are included in the scope of delivery, and can be placed under the tips of the tripod legs to ensure vibration-free exposure times, especially during longer astrophotography sessions.
In terms of functionality, the CEM26 delivers precise pointing and highly-accurate tracking of objects.
The CEM26 sets the new standard for compact, medium-sized GoTo equatorial mounts.
The centre-balanced design mount puts the weight of the payload at the centre of gravity allowing for greater natural stability.
This is another major advantage in astrophotography!
Other features include an adjustable counterweight bar to prevent obstruction with the tripod when used very close to the horizon.
Polar aligning is quick and accessible all the time now since the integrated polarscope is not obstructed by the declination shaft any longer (this was the case with the CEM25, for example).
The CEM26 has again been equipped with the latest Go2Nova® technology, making it one of the most powerful and accurate GoTo mounts currently available on the market!
The GoTo software database includes over 212,000 objects. The Go2Nova® hand controller is intuitive to use and its large four-line LCD display makes it incredibly easy to find objects, even in complete darkness.
The mount is equipped with an integrated iPolar® electronic polarscope. The iPolar® finder ensures accurate alignment of the system with Polaris, even when it is obscured - a lifesaver for any amateur astronomer.
The CEM26 comes with the tried and tested stainless steel LiteRoc tripod and a sturdy aluminium carrying case.
All highlights at a glance:
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Low periodic error (< ± 10 arc seconds)
- Payload capacity of up to 12kg with a mount-only weight of 4.5kg
- CNC-milled and cast metal mount
- Large, easy-to-operate gear knobs
- Adjustable counterweight shaft for 0° latitude operation
- Stepper motors with low power consumption
- Integrated iPolar polarscope
- Unique design, centre-balanced equatorial mount for maximum payload and minimum transport weight
- 'Easy Polar Alignment' procedure for those who cannot see the Polar Star
- Go2Nova® hand controller with the latest GoTo technology
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Integrated WiFi
- USB port for firmware updates and control via PC/laptop/tablet
- LiteRoc stainless steel tripod with vibration pads (7.5kg tripod weight)
- Die-cast metal tripod spreader with practical accessory tray
- Carrying case with moulded foam lining
- Optional upgradable 32-channel GPS
- Optional iGuider autoguiding system