Even more light - for everyone who wants to see even deeper into space. The 254/1016mm Pro astrograph provides 56% more light than an 8" model. The newly redesigned EQR-6 Pro mount provides the optics with as reliably and stable an anchor as if it were designed especially for it. A telescope that pulls all the threads needed for taking good astronomy photos together for you
Omegon f/4 astrograph - for unforgettable astronomy photos
Which other type of telescope can be used to create a beautiful image with so little effort? With Omegon astrographs this is easier than with 'ordinary' telescopes. Why? The answer is obvious - because an aperture ratio of f/4 means a big light output and consequently shorter exposure times. Immerse yourself in the world of deep sky photography. Admire faint galaxies or details in hydrogen nebulae. The Omegon astrograph sets a new benchmark for your astronomy photos.
The advantages in a nutshell
- f/4 astrograph - a telescope with ultra-fast aperture ratio for short exposures
- suitable to go on medium mountings due to its short overall length
- wide field of view for extended objects - approx. 24mm is illuminated
- 94% reflection parabolic main mirror for bright images
- large secondary mirror - good illumination for DSLR cameras
- robust 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 reduction and 1.25" reducer
- faster cool-down for getting started observing quicker - main mirror fan
94% reflection f/4 main mirror
Astrographs are suitable for visual observing, but only show their full potential when used for astrophotography. Their f/4 aperture means they are among the 'fastest' Newtonian telescopes around, allowing you to take shorter exposure images.
The secondary mirror and the parabolic BK7 main mirror are 94% reflective, providing brighter and higher contrast images. One can see a visible improvement when compared to a 'normal' mirror which is around 88% reflective.
No shadows, only light - large secondary mirror
Attach your DSLR camera or a modern CCD camera to the telescope and enjoy impressive illumination over a wide field of view. No shadowing is noticeable thanks to the particularly large secondary mirror (see also below). Observing with 2" wide-field eyepieces is now perfect.
Less mistakes - more fun with the photography
The particularly short OTA length and focal length means the telescope is compact - the astrograph is about 20% shorter as compared to an f/5 system. This means you can also use this OTA's excellent optics on a medium mount, saving yourself the expense and clumsiness of a heavier mount.
Another advantage is that the astrograph is perfect for extended deep sky objects thanks to its shorter focal length. This system is also more tolerant of small tracking errors than a telescope with a longer focal length. You will achieve some astounding astrophotography with even just a little effort.
2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 fine focusing
The Omegon V-Power focuser provides precision focusing for all astronomical objects. The 1:10 reduction, sturdy ball-bearings and guide rail make the focuser stable and easy-to-use. Its optimized design means the focuser can safely carry cameras weighing up to 5 kilograms without any slipping.
- extremely precise operation - the ball bearings and stainless steel guide rail mean the focuser tube runs smoothly and precisely
- can carry heavy cameras and eyepieces - no slipping with up to 5kg loads
- 1:10 reduction means precise focusing, includes a focus scale
- anti-reflection baffles for high contrast
Innovative ideas applied to a time tested design, the iOptron® GEM45 next generation German equatorial mounts. A sharp looking CNC body is the first indicator the GEM45 is a top quality mount in both form and function.
- Utilizing experiences gained during development of the CEM series, iOptron were able to remove unnecessary bulk giving the GEM45 an incredible 2.8 payload to mount weight ratio. This compact 15.8lb mount can precisely GOTO an object and track with up to 45lbs of gear onboard.
- With its integrated electronic polar scope (iPolar), polar alignment is a snap, even when the pole star is obscured.
- Large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its drive gears into place even when wearing gloves. There is little chance of your cables getting snagged with the GEM45's internal advanced cable management system.
- A new, patent pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS) accommodates Losmandy and Vixen style dovetail plates.
- GEM45 mounts utilize reliable stepper motor drive systems with low power consumption technology.
- A 212,000+ object library with star identification, GPS, optional Wi-Fi (requires iStarFi adapter) are a few of the desirable features standard on a GEM45 mount.
Please note: This mount is available in two variants. The mount with G in the designation also has an autoguider integrated into the mount head, the new iGuider from iOptron! So with this variant of the mount, a separate autoguider solution is no longer necessary!
The variant without iGuider can be equipped with an external solution for tracking control. Such tracking controls are only necessary for astrophotography with long exposure times.
The mount comes with the LiteRoc 1.75" tripod delivers rock solid stability in a lighter, more compact package. It also has improved leg cuffs and sockets for more rigidity and redesigned leg lock levers.