Omegon Ultralight filter wheel - lightning-fast filter changes for visual observing and astrophotography
This ultralight filter wheel makes taking astronomy photos, and even visual observing, so much easier. Change your filter in seconds, almost without thinking, with just one quick twist - for small or large telescopes. Marvel at how different a deep sky object can appear through various nebula filters. The times of fumbling manual changing with numb fingers is over.
The advantages in a nutshell
- change 5 filters 1.25" with a single rotation
- no time-consuming manual changing of filters
- suitable for all 1.25" filters
- extremely light - at only 254 grams
- wide choice of adapters - T-2 connectors on both sides and 1.25" connectors - with a clearly noticeable click on reaching a new filter position
5 filters in a circle
Use your LRGBs or your favourite nebula filter. And you will never have to search for your filters in the dark again. Pre-inserted into the filter wheel, your filters stay well protected and ready for use at any time.
One turn is sufficient
- to switch between 5 different filters. The advantage - even in the dark, you can feel it when a filter clicks into position. Also, a number between 1 and 5 shows you which filter the wheel is currently set to.
Made for small telescopes too
We did not 'reinvent the wheel', but we did make it smaller. The filter wheel is one of the most compact we know of - at 85mm in diameter and 254 grams in weight. This means the filter wheel will also fit onto small telescopes on moderate-sized mounts.
T2 connections on both sides, with adapter
T-2 connectors on both sides let you connect virtually every conceivable accessory - T-2 connectors are now standard in amateur astronomy. A T-2 to 1.25" barrel adapter and a T-2 to 1.25" eyepiece adapter are included.
Light-proof - perfect for astronomy photos
No light can escape - very important for astrophotography. The filter wheel is sealed absolutely light-tight on the inside.
Included in delivery
- 1x filter wheel
- 1x T2 external to T2 external adapter, with ribbed edge
- 1x T2 external to 1.25" adapter for eyepieces and accessories, with plastic cap
- 1x T2 external to 1.25" (31.75mm) telescope-side connector adapter, with plastic cap
- 1x 2.5mm Hex key