This product is no longer stocked and therefore cannot be purchased until further notice.
Omegon 2m diameter observatory dome, not including base
Product no.: 49610
This Omegon observatory is identical to the corresponding ScopeDome model.
Assembly service: We offer a complete turnkey installation service. For more information please use the "Contact Customer Service" button.
Your Window on the Universe
A permanently mounted telescope in its own observatory dome - your own private observatory. That is the dream of many amateur astronomers. The observatory turns this dream into a reality that is easily within your grasp.
The main advantages of 2M dome:
- simple and fast installation of the dome, dome will be delivered to you assembled and tested, its installation does not require more work than a typical installation of the telescope
- safe (12V DC) power supply for motors, controll card and heating system, dome motors and control card can be powered directly from a car battery
- the ability to automatically open the shutter on any azimuth using the built-in power ring rotating mechanism (slip ring)
- all the shutter rolls and rotating mechanism are hidden inside the dome to protect it from weather
- tightness better then in larger domes, design and production in 3D and CNC technology allowed us to minimize the space between the rotating parts of the dome
- diameter of the dome: 2000mm
- shutter width: 680mm
- dome height: 1400mm
- diameter of the base: 1940mm
- diameter of the outer base ring: 1940mm
- diameter of the inner base ring: 1475mm
- weight (with pallet): ~ 200 kg
Height with dedicated tower:
- tower H80 : 2300mm
- tower H120 : 2620mm
Please note that, due to size of the dome, it must be delivered by a shipping company and the driver is not allowed to unload it himself due to legal reasons. Unloading of the dome usually requires several people. Alternatively, we also offer a complete turnkey assembly service which includes unloading.
Before buying this product, make sure to check our accessory recommendations.