The Omegon Pro 203/800mm astrograph and EQ-6R Pro together is a dream team for astrophotographers. Whether it's the Moon, planets or deep sky exposures - perfect photos of just about any astronomical object are possible. The Skywatcher EQ-6R Pro has long been known as one of the most popular portable mounts for astronomy photos.
Omegon f/4 astrograph - for unforgettable astronomy photos
Which other type of telescope can be used to create a beautiful image with so little effort? With Omegon astrographs this is easier than with 'ordinary' telescopes. Why? The answer is obvious - because an aperture ratio of f/4 means a big light output and consequently shorter exposure times. Immerse yourself in the world of deep sky photography. Admire faint galaxies or details in hydrogen nebulae. The Omegon astrograph sets a new benchmark for your astronomy photos.
The advantages in a nutshell
- f/4 astrograph - a telescope with ultra-fast aperture ratio for short exposures
- suitable to go on medium mountings due to its short overall length
- wide field of view for extended objects - approx. 24mm is illuminated
- 94% reflection parabolic main mirror for bright images
- large secondary mirror - good illumination for DSLR cameras
- robust 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 reduction and 1.25" reducer
- faster cool-down for getting started observing quicker - main mirror fan
94% reflection f/4 main mirror
Astrographs are suitable for visual observing, but only show their full potential when used for astrophotography. Their f/4 aperture means they are among the 'fastest' Newtonian telescopes around, allowing you to take shorter exposure images.
The secondary mirror and the parabolic BK7 main mirror are 94% reflective, providing brighter and higher contrast images. One can see a visible improvement when compared to a 'normal' mirror which is around 88% reflective.
No shadows, only light - large secondary mirror
Attach your DSLR camera or a modern CCD camera to the telescope and enjoy impressive illumination over a wide field of view. No shadowing is noticeable thanks to the particularly large secondary mirror (see also below). Observing with 2" wide-field eyepieces is now perfect.
Less mistakes - more fun with the photography
The particularly short OTA length and focal length means the telescope is compact - the astrograph is about 20% shorter as compared to an f/5 system. This means you can also use this OTA's excellent optics on a medium mount, saving yourself the expense and clumsiness of a heavier mount.
Another advantage is that the astrograph is perfect for extended deep sky objects thanks to its shorter focal length. This system is also more tolerant of small tracking errors than a telescope with a longer focal length. You will achieve some astounding astrophotography with even just a little effort.
2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 fine focusing
The Omegon V-Power focuser provides precision focusing for all astronomical objects. The 1:10 reduction, sturdy ball-bearings and guide rail make the focuser stable and easy-to-use. Its optimized design means the focuser can safely carry cameras weighing up to 5 kilograms without any slipping.
- extremely precise operation - the ball bearings and stainless steel guide rail mean the focuser tube runs smoothly and precisely
- can carry heavy cameras and eyepieces - no slipping with up to 5kg loads
- 1:10 reduction means precise focusing, includes a focus scale
- anti-reflection baffles for high contrast
EQ6-R PRO Synscan - a thorough redesign of a classic!
The computer-controlled EQ6-R PRO Synscan™ mount is an evolutionary improvement of the legendary EQ6 PRO. The modern, streamlined design of the EQ-6 R PRO includes new features that experienced astrophotographers will immediately approve of.
- maximum load of 20kg for astrophotography.
- belt drive for minimal 'backlash' - particularly quiet, smooth operation and better results when guiding, as well as higher torque with the drive!
- improved polar elevation adjustment with a larger adjustment range. The mount is aligned via the built-in polar finder or using the Synscan control. The adjusting screws have been significantly improved as compared to the previous model.
- built-in 'SNAP' connector for camera shutter control.
- PPEC worm gear and periodic worm error correction (eliminates the need to constantly fine-tune the drive)
- built-in carrying handle for easy transport. At 17.3kg in weight (without tripod and counterweights), the mount is with still very portable.
The included Synscan™ hand control allows the telescope to find specific objects and offers tours of the current night sky at just the push of a button. The user-friendly menu allows the selection and automatic tracking of over 42,000 astronomical objects.